If you have ever lived abroad or have thought about doing it but you’re not sure about it here are some tips and ideas to help you cope with the feelings of homesickness and loneliness among others.
I had the chance to live in Madrid for a couple of months and yeah the first weeks are all fun and exciting until realization hits that you’ll be spending a year or more there. When that happens I think it helps a lot to stay busy. There are many things you can do.
Here’s a few that have worked for me and other friends have shared:
1. Visit a museum once a week.
2. Join a class of something that interest you and meet new people.
3. Explore a nearby city or town. Those that not a lot of tourists know about.
4. Travel outside your city at least once a month. Doesn’t have to be anywhere too expensive just somewhere you would like to explore.
5. Join a Facebook group for support and to meet people who are struggling just like you. Maybe you can meet up in different cities.
Some groups I am part of are:
Hope this short list helps you make a decision about that trip, study abroad or job you are looking at outside your comfort zone.
Amazing post! Loved it